My Wonderful Group of Friends

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finally Inspired

This post was inspired by Char at The Pickled Pepper Patch. She is hosting a swap that must contain repurposed things from the Goodwill or Thrift Store. I of course will be participating in this swap but I can't show you yet what I will be trading with my yet to be named partner. What I can share with you is a couple of remakes that I did for myself.



This first one is my favorite. I just painted and primmed up this box and added a candle label that I purchased a while back from The Yankee Peddler. I painted it black first and then did a lite brushing of gold. Sanded it in a few spots and stained it all over with Dark Walnut Minwax Stain. For now it is sitting on the cupboard in my living room.


























Next is this little 6 drawer box. I just adore anything with drawers. Again I base painted it in black and then painted over it with a rust color. Sanded it in a few spots to make it look worn and then I stained it.




Next we have a 2 tiered tray. I'm not so sure I like the finish on this one. Again a black base with a maroon color on the top and then finished off with stain. I may have to rethink this one. I don't have any particular place in mind that I want to put this so I guess I have plenty of time to decide if I want to keep the color it is or change it up.






































I hope you enjoyed the before and after pics of my makeovers. I so love doing this. It is really fun to take something plain and add color to it and see what you end up with.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I also hope the snow hasn't been too bad for anyone. We have about 9 inches total at our house but the township and street departments have kept most of the roadways pretty clean so far this winter.

Stay warm my friends and enjoy the week ahead.

Fuzzy Hugs,
~AMY~

19 comments:

  1. What great finds and makeovers!
    You are so talented!
    Stay warm and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your re~do's are the bestest !!! Nice Nice Job on 'em all
    Prim Huggss N Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds and redos!!
    We have about 12 inches of snow on the ground with another 1 1/2 inches expected today. Brrrr....it's been really cold too!!
    Take care and stay warm.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good finds! You must have a great second-hand shop to browse through. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!! Love how you transformed them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your goodies!...and I LOVE anything with drawers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you - I love anything with lots of drawers! That is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your make overs...the two tier plate thingy sure turned out nice!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great little make-overs....I am stuck in a rut...no makeovers here...just redecorating after the holidays! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds and great make overs. You did such a great job on everything. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy! Thanks for coming by and your sweet comments. I love what you have done with your projects. Wow, I love that prim look. I like your wooden chest with the drawers especially.
    That turned out wonderful!
    Have a blessed day!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great makeovers Amy! The box with the lable is just as sweet as can be!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amy
    Love your makeovers....they turned out great...
    I also like anything with drawers in...there's so many thing's you can use them for...
    Hugs, Trena,Timeworn Primitives

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them, Amy...especially the first one! I still have a stack of things upstairs that needs to be repurposed. It is so gratifying! I have some of those labels to use too...

    I'm sure your swap partner will love whatever it is you're working on!

    Thanks for the sweet comments about Luke! We sure do appreciate it and the prayers!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love before and after pics and all the things you fixed look absolutely FANTASTIC! WOW! Awesome transformations! :) I also think the first is my fave. I love the colors and tag you used on it! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amy,
    Thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my blog about my dry sink make-over...Unfortunately I am unable to tell you the color it was done in as it was a small sample can I got at Lowe's on their "oops" shelf with no name on it for $1. Figures right? I can tell you it's sort of a brownish/green color to begin with but turned more of a dirty green after applying the stain over it. Love your make-overs also...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of our makeovers...you did an awesome job! Don't you just love thrift store finds! Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Amy!

    Thank you for the birthday wishes for Joy! She's still in bed this morning! I let her have the day off from school for her birthday, so she's taking full advantage of it! I'll be sure and tell her you said happy birthday!

    Have a great day! :)

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete