My Wonderful Group of Friends

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Give Thanks


Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends that read and follow my blog. I personally have so much to be thankful for although sometimes I don't always realize it. I am blessed in more ways than I could ever count. I thank God for my family, my home, my life and my job.

I want to share with you this chorus by Henry Smith. We sing it at church. Read each word and let it sink into your heart. Remember to Give Thanks to Jesus Christ!

Give thanks with a grateful heart.
Give thanks unto the Holy One.
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son.

And now let the weak say "I am strong."
Let the poor say "I am rich."
Because of what the Lord has done for us....
GIVE THANKS
Blessings to everyone,
AMY
To my daddy. I'll miss you at our table this year.

9 comments:

  1. How beautiful sweet friend! Thank you for sharing such a glorious and meaningful chorus. I thank you as well for the lovely email you just sent! You're such a dear :0)
    Sending you and your loved ones wishes for a truly magnificent Thanksgiving celebration Amy.
    Blessings,
    Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving sweetie!!

    ~Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you, Amy. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy... I was admiring the picture you have posted at the top of your blog....the one with the fireplace and all...I wanted to ask about that black object that looks like a small pott bellied stove....is that by any chance a keroscene heater? Or the real thing? I love it...I was wondering also if it is by any chance a keroscene heater...where did you purchase it from.....Nadine I will ready your comment here. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Nadine that is an old heater and possibly it is kerosene. I don't think it works although I never tried using it either. One of my husbands hunting buddies gave it to me for my birthday one year. He knows I like to decorate with things like that. I bet if you checked on Ebay you would probably be able to find something like it. Happy hunting.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my most favorite praise songs! Such a wonderful song to remember today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We sang this song at church last night. Very nice. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy,
    hopin' you and yours had a blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharin' the chorus to that song as well. Sometimes we get sooooo busy that we forget to stop and be thankful for all the big and small things in our lives.
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete