My Wonderful Group of Friends

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Natures Beauty and then some

I trust that everyone had a good weekend. Friday night after sitting in the pouring rain at my daughters track meet, I spent the evening with my mother who was having a rough time. She has a heart condition and her heart goes out of rhythm sending her pulse sky high. Around 2:00 am, it finally went back into proper rhythm on its own. Thank you Lord for not having to spend another night in the emergency room with her. Friends I would like to ask that you pray for my mom if she should happen to come to your mind through the week. She just hasn't been the same since my father died. We are approaching the one year anniversary of his death and mom still isn't quite to the point that she likes to stay by herself. Add that to all her health issues and it makes it very hard on her at times.

Now onto natures beauty. I have two of the most beautiful Rhododendron Bushes in my flower garden. Their blooms are just so magnificent. I decided their beauty was too wonderful to just leave outside that I decided to cut a few branches off and bring them inside. They just bring such a brightness to a room.






On a final note, I just wanted to show you a little something I have been working on for a couple of weeks. This is my for my friend Char over at The Pickled Pepper Patch. I was lucky enough to get her name for the "Swap" she created. The theme of this swap was "Porches." Sorry but I sealed the box before I took a picture of its contents. Not really! You'll have to wait until Char gets it to see what is inside.


I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow our church is hosting its Mother/Daughter Banquet and a few of my sisters are going and taking our mother. This is always a good meal and wonderful fellowship.

Blessings my friends,
~AMY~

10 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, my prayers are with your mom and also for you and family! My mom and I also have A-Fib and deal with the same thing often. Thank God that it's not often though! Those flowers are gorgeous! I brought some lilacs in over the weekend, my house smells fab!
    Take care!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    Loosing a spouse is not easy so her feelings are understandable. I will indeed keep your mom in my prayers.

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Mom gets better. I can't imagine what she must be feeling. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,

    I'll pray for your mom. I know it's hard seeing her like that!

    Your flowers are beautiful too!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    I will keep your mom in my prayers. It is so difficult losing a spouse. Love your flowers.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definately remember your Mom in my prayers...hang in there....(hugs)...I know this is hard on you too...so, I will keep you in my prayers too.

    And let me say....YOU ARE KILLIN ME WITH THAT PICTURE OF THAT BOX!...SHAME ON YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will keep your mom in my prayers and you as you are approaching the one year mark. We are also approaching it and it is a hard time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, thanks for posting a comment on my blog. I will keep your mom in my prayers. She is lucky to have you. My husband made me quite a few of these shelves above many of my doors. I have enjoyed decorating them. Thanks for the kind comments, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your Mom gets to feeling like herself soon. It would be so hard to lose a husband, a soulmate! I feel so sad for what she must be going through!
    On another note, I love the flowers! My girls ALWAYS pick the ones I have planted outside...weather I want them to or not! LOL I think they like to see them inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy, I just found your blog! I sure hope your mom gets feeling better soon:) I noticed right away you have shepherds, I have one also and aren't they the best dogs??? Love your pretty pink flowers, they sure set off the rooms! Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete