My Wonderful Group of Friends

Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7, 2009 National Day of Prayer

Today is National Day of Prayer. I don't want to offend anyone with this subject but since this is my blog and my thoughts and beliefs, I decided to share it with you. If you choose to read today's entry that is up to you. If you want to stop now that is fine as well. The choice is yours.

A friend forwarded this to me today and I thought it was print worthy.

A dog had followed his owner to school. His owner was a fourth grader at a public elementary school. However, when the bell rang, the dog sidled inside the building and made it all the way to the child's classroom before a teacher noticed and shooed him outside, closing the door behind him. The dog sat down, whimpered and stared at the closed doors. Then God appeared beside the dog, patted his head, and said,

'Don't feel bad fella'...they won't let ME in either'.

One woman was able to take prayer out of school but no Christian has been able to put it back in.

The bible says in Matthew 21:22 Red Letter Edition of the King James Version

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." God himself made this promise to us.

The bible also tells us in 1 Thessalonians 1:17 We are to Pray without ceasing.

We as Christians better wake up and start doing what God expects of us. I would like to ask that anyone that is reading this stop and take a moment to say a prayer. It doesn't have to be a long one but just talk to God and tell him what you are in need of or just thank him for all that he has done for you and the many blessings he has poured out to you. I ask that you continue to pray everyday and not just today. Prayer changes things!!

With Love and Blessings,

~AMY~

6 comments: