My Wonderful Group of Friends

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Easter Everyone

We are having dinner at our house this Easter. It will be our first Easter Dinner without my daddy. Boy I miss him. Sunday morning we will be heading off to Church and then my mom will be coming to join us for dinner. No other family will be with us this year so it will be pretty simple and casual. We will have your average Easter Meal consisting of ham, vegetable casserole, calico beans, 7 layer salad, deviled eggs and let's not forget the most important part of our meal, dessert. That lineup will include cheesecake and pumpkin pie. Boy I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

I thought I would share a couple of treats with you that I made last night. I got my inspiration for the Chocolate Birds Nests from Debbie at Ribbonwood Cottage. I just love her postings. I brought a few of these to work to share as well. No sense me eating them all. Don't they look yummy?

Chocolate Bird Nests














Butterscotch Bird Nests













My daughter is on Spring Break this coming week so hopefully I can take a day off work and spend it with her. Maybe we can do lunch or something fun together. Hubby can still go to work and my son can go to school. It will just be a girls day out. I think that sounds like fun. Maybe we can even take in some summer clothes shopping. Now this sounds like a perfect day off to me.
Well I better run. It's off to work on Good Friday.

Until Next Time....
~AMY~







6 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Yum..your dinner sounds greaat. I will have to check that recipe out. We are Having dinner sunday at church..looking forward to all the yummy dishes there. Have fun with your daughter.Happy Easter.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy!!

    Have a wonderful Easter - your girls day out sounds perfect!

    hugs,Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birds nests~they look yummy! Have a wonderful Easter weekend Amy!
    Janae :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw those bird nests over at Debbie's too! Yours look great as well!

    I hope you and your family have a blessed Easter, Amy!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to you on your Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy,

    For some reason I couldn't leave a comment on the most recent post -the link didn't work so I came here instead. What a lovely tribute to your dad and your parents. I am sure you miss him very much!!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete